GOSPEL TO THE UNSAVED

Subtitle

Chat Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > APPROVAL ADDICTION ?

Steven Shull
Site Owner

I personally know people that are totally consumed by what other people think of them. What they do, what they wear, what they say and what they believe is hinged on what will be most accepting by others. With all the love in the world...let me give you a touch of reality from a perspective you may not have considered. Jesus did not in anyway say or live HIS life in the manner I just described. Jesus spoke truth from the father. Back in Bible days, Jesus was popular because of his miracles. The majority of people did not want to hear the truth Jesus spoke because it offended people. People do not want to hear that they are a sinner and are in need of a Savior.(not much has changed) His identity was wrapped up in pleasing the father. Friend...the very compulsion to want to please everyone is a trap. An impossible task that will frustrate you to no end. Choosing to just please God will cause God to ultimately make you a blessing to people. But never never never to be shaped by what they think of you. That road just leads to emptiness, slavery and bondage. I learned this lesson long time ago.

--
July 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.