GOSPEL TO THE UNSAVED

Subtitle

Chat Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > What is Forgiveness to you?

Steven Shull
Site Owner

A lot of times we hear people say "de nada" or   "it is nothing to me"  when someone apologizes or says "I'am Sorry". I often wonder is it really nothing, or are we only brushing it aside because we simply do not want to think about it? I do know that Jesus says, "If you do not forgive the people who sin against you". "I cannot forgive you". He also goes on with the parable of the man who was forgiven for a large debt and the next day went out and choked his debtor for a much less amount. If we harbor hate in our hearts, we are affecting ourselves more than we may know.

I would like some feedback on this subject; what is Forgiveness to you, and how do you Forgive what may be impossible to Forget.

--
August 4, 2011 at 2:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cari

Forgiveness to me is a day by day thing in JESUS! We are forgiven as we forgive others, and HE makes sure that we have every opportunity everyday to practice forgiveness. Thanks for the reminder!!! Shalom!!!

August 13, 2011 at 4:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DaveinHim

That's a great question Steven.  Forgiveness is one of the greatest expressions of God.  He has forgiven me so much(much more the whole world!) and I am bound by His word to be an imitator of God.(Eph 5:1)

It sometimes takes everything to dig deep in myself  and yield to the Holy Spirit and allow His grace and mercy and forgiveness to flow through me unto others.  I know from personal experience that if I don't allow the Lord to be my guide in  matters of forgiveness, I end up holding on to unforgiveness which leads to bitterness and anger.  That can only be destructive to me, my relationships to those closest to me and most importantly, my relationship with Jesus!

Thank You Jesus for Your forgiveness!

August 13, 2011 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cari

DaveinHim at August 13, 2011 at 4:28 PM

That's a great question Steven.  Forgiveness is one of the greatest expressions of God.  He has forgiven me so much(much more the whole world!) and I am bound by His word to be an imitator of God.(Eph 5:1)

It sometimes takes everything to dig deep in myself  and yield to the Holy Spirit and allow His grace and mercy and forgiveness to flow through me unto others.  I know from personal experience that if I don't allow the Lord to be my guide in  matters of forgiveness, I end up holding on to unforgiveness which leads to bitterness and anger.  That can only be destructive to me, my relationships to those closest to me and most importantly, my relationship with Jesus!

Thank You Jesus for Your forgiveness!

AMEN!!!!!

August 13, 2011 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steven Shull
Site Owner

Its much easier to forgive if you take the time to think of the things God has had to forgive with each one of us that has trusted Christ as Savior.

November 6, 2011 at 1:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Steven Shull
Site Owner

Hate is an invisible prision that is deceptive because it looks like your free.

September 6, 2012 at 6:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.