GOSPEL TO THE UNSAVED

Subtitle

Chat Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > My Testimony (Muzza Downie)

muzza downie

Just a short testimony to Gods Grace…..My heart goes out to all my sisters and brothers in the Lord who get caught up with condemnation and judging of others. Where is the basis of our belief. Is it not in Jesus who told us to love our brothers as ourselves. We must learn to love ourselves first before we can love our brothers, otherwise that love is a lie.I had to learn that.I was brought up in a evangelical Christian environment. As far back as I can remember I had a tendency toward a same sex relationship. I was not taught or coerced into that life. I was not preyed upon by some deviant. it was just the way I was. With the churches outlook on homosexuality I found that I started to feel that there was something really wrong with me.I hated myself and even came to a position of thoughts of suicide. I made a feeble attempt of slashing my wrist. Thanks to my Jesus I am still here today 55 years later.

I left the church and like the prodigal son went up to the city to the high life. Like the children of Israel I wandered in the desert 5 years longer than their 40 years. In all that time God still had his hand on me.He led me back to himself through a loving church group that loved me as I was, no condemnation. They showed me that I could love myself and in doing so I was able to love my brothers and sisters with that unconditional love. I found through reading his word God loved me through Jesus his son.

My favourite Psalm.(I love the Psalms) is Psalm 139 . God created me with a purpose in mind. He was intimately involved in creating me. No mistakes were made when he formed me (verses 13-16). God is in ultimate control of my life. Every day of my life was recorded in a book before I was born (verse 16).God knows me in my deepest places. He knows me so well that even before I speak.a word, he knows what I’m going to say (verses 1-4). God surrounds me. I can do everything in my strength to avoid him, but he’s always there. Even in my darkest places, God is with me (verses 5-12). If there was one idea that summarizes this psalm, it’s the word “love.” Yet, notice that the word never appears in the text. I have learned to live a life now completely in Gods hands. I still consider myself of same sex orientation. I would lie if I said I was not. God has now shown it is a gift that he has given us…That we can be there for those who are hurting as we also have been there. Like the hymn writer Horatio Gates Spalford said

My sin..O the bliss of the glorious thought

my sin not in part but the whole

is nailed to his cross and I bear it no more

Praise the Lord praise the lord O my soul

It is well with my soul

May the unconditional love of God shine out from me. This is my prayer God bless you all

Muzza

Baruch haba b’shem Adonai.

Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord..

January 6, 2016 at 8:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Steven Shull
Site Owner
I AGREE WITH NOT PASSING JUDGMENT. CHRISTIANS HAVE DONE WAY TO MUCH OF THAT. HOWEVER IF A CHRISTIAN QUOTES A SCRIPTURE VERSE FROM THE BIBLE ON SAY HOMOSEXUALITY. THAT CHRISTIAN IS OFTEN THE VICTIM OF SOMEONE WHO DISAGREES RESULTING IN THEM PASSING JUDGMENT AS WELL. THE PROBLEM WITH THAT IS THEY ARE NOT THE AUTHOR OF THE SCRIPTURE THEY ARE QUOTING. SO IF SOMEONE QUOTES ...... 1 Corinthians 6:9 "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,"...... THEN IT SHOULD BE JUST SEEN AS PASSING INFORMATION NOT PASSING JUDGMENT. A PERSON REGARDLESS OF ANY OF THESE CATAGORIES SHOULD NEVER BE MISTREATED. EVERYONE SHOULD BE LOVED. BUT GOD ..BECAUSE HE IS GOD HAS THE RIGHT TO APPROVE OR CONDEMN ANY BEHAVIOR OR STATUS HE CHOOSES. IN MY EXPERIENCE IN DEALING WITH PEOPLE THAT HAVE SWITCHED FROM HOMOSEXUALITY TO HEDROSEXUALITY. THEY CLAIM ALONG WITH MANY THEOLOGIANS THAT THEIR IS A TORMENTING DEMONIC SPIRIT FUELING THE SITUATION IN THE PERSONS LIFE. THIS BELIEF IS ALSO MY POSITION AS WELL BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY LOGICAL CONCLUSION WHEN SO MANY HOMOSEXUALS IN THE CHURCH HAVE SUCCESSFULLY SWITCHED AFTER CLAIMING BEING DELIVERED FROM A DEMONIC SPIRIT ASSOCIATED WITH THE HOMOSEXUAL LIFESTYLE. IF A PERSON WAS TRULY BORN HOMOSEXUAL OR GOD MADE THEM THAT WAY. THAT WOULD TRULY MAKE GOD A TERRIBLE GOD FOR MAKING THEM THAT WAY AND THEN PUNISHING THEM FOR IT AS THE SCRIPTURE I QUOTED CLEARLY IMPLIES. DEMONIC SPIRITS ARE VERY GOOD AT DECEIVING PEOPLE TO THINK THOUGHTS ABOUT WHO THEY ARE...THAT ARE HIGHLY INCONSISTENT WITH WHO GOD SAYS THEY ARE. SO MUCH SO THAT THEY THINK THE THOUGHTS ORIGINATE WITH THEIR CHARACTER AND DRAW UNBIBLICAL CONCLUSIONS ABOUT THEIR SEXUALITY AS WELL AS MANY OTHER THINGS AS A RESULT. I HAVE A EX-LESBIAN FACEBOOK FRIEND THAT HAS A BOOK OUT THAT ALSO SUPPORTS THIS BELIEF AS WELL. SO YES WE SHOULD LOVE. YES WE SHOULD NOT PASS JUDGMENT. LOVE DOES NOT MEAN DENYING SCRIPTURE VERSES THAT DON'T FIT THE NARRATIVE OF OUR BELIEFS. AND CERTAINLY THEIR IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOD CONDEMNING SOMETHING VERSES MAN REPEATING INFORMATION ON SOMETHING GOD HAS ALREADY JUDGED. LASTLY.....LOVING SOMEONE DOES NOT REQUIRE THAT WE AGREE WITH THEM ON EVERYTHING THAT THEY BELIEVE. EVEN IF WHAT THEY BELIEVE IS INCONSISTENT WITH WHAT GOD SAYS.
--
January 22, 2016 at 9:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.